"Steering Our Servicemen towards Jesus Christ"
On February 4, 1943, during World War II, the Christian Business Men's Committee of San Diego opened a chapel for servicemen in the Continental Room of the San Diego Hotel, where the gospel was preached every night. On July 20, 1945 that same group opened a new and larger Center and chapel at 1009 Columbia Street. In 1987 they moved the Center to 432 E Street. We moved three times since then, to 401 C Street, 1023 4th Avenue, 530 Broadway, 2435 Jefferson Street in the "Courtyard By Marriott", and currently once a month at military housing located at 8420 Krenz Street in San Diego.
It has been our calling, from the beginning, to give the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every serviceman and woman who enters the Center. The Gospel is presented in an at atmospheres by volunteers who have a deep devotion to Jesus and a passion for the lost.
We have been doing this one thing. Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with our servicemen, for 70 years. Between 2 to 2 1/2 million men and women have heard the Gospel at the Center. We have over 200,000 profess their faith in Christ over that time frame
Hundreds of those saved at the Center have gone on to become pastors, missionaries, and Christian workers. The Center also provides an outlet of missionary work for Christians from many churches inSan Diego.
San Diego is still a great mission field for the Center. There is still a military presence here. There are over 95,000 Sailors and Marines stationed inSan Diego. From time to time we have the opportunity to reach foreign servicemen as well
We believe the reason that God has honored this ministry is because we have honored His Son and His Word down through the years. Pray for us as we continue to labor here, and pray for a continued harvest among our Military until Jesus comes.